This weekend’s Premier League completed most of their day 17 having a pair of games remaining, the Reading-Monday and Arsenal clash Chelsea who was contesting the World Cup he ran to escape. In the absence of those matches the head of the classification was as follows as Manchester United and Manchester City pulled out their games remain in the top two places separated by 6 points.
The Manchester United not suffered too much to win 3-1 at Sunderland. Robie Van Persie scoring run continues and was commissioned to open the scoring. Cleverley and Rooney ended the tally for United. City won their neighbors and visitors to Newcastle by 1-3 in a game that marked a Murcia both Javi Garcia.
The same result came at Anfield where Liverpool fell 1-3 at Aston Villa so keep your gray season and lost in the middle of the standings. In other games with Spanish representatives had poor results because the Wigan Roberto Martinez fell 2-1 at Norwich and Swansea lost where Michu failed to score. At least Esteban Granero QPR won 2-1 and out of last place provisionally pending the Reading game on Monday.
The results were:
- Liverpool – Aston Villa 1-3.
- Manchester United – Sunderland 3-1.
- Newcastle United – Manchester City 1-3.
- Norwich City – Wigan Athletic 2-1.
- Queens Park Rangers – Fulham 2-1.
- Stoke City – Everton 1-1.
- Tottenham Hotspur – Swansea City 1-0.
- West Bromwich Albion – West Ham United 0-0.
- Reading – Arsenal (Monday)